WHAT IS SILKEN PURE AND WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
Pure silk is the beauty secret that celebrities, super models, dermatologists, and beauty experts use from around the world. Until now, it has only been offered at high end department stores with a hefty price tag. It is our pleasure to offer the highest quality found throughout the world. Why is this silk so special?
- Silken Pure is 100% pure Mulberry Silk. Made from the highest grade (6A) long fiber, with the thickness of a 22 momme. What is a momme? An old imperial measurement indicating the weight of the silk. The thicker or heavier the silk, the more it drapes and stays luminous. We have gone directly to the source to find the highest quality silk.
- All silk is not created equal. Some manufacturers advertise for 22 momme, but the weight is measured at different times of production, which then skews the reported information. We tried and tested them all, and this is the best on the market.
- Some discount stores offer ‘‘Satin” pillowcases and lure you by it’s soft feel. However, satin is 100% synthetic, therefore negating the benefits. Our silk is completely pure, composed of 18 amino acids, with it’s fiber’s tightly woven and smooth.
ANTI AGING: Pure Silk’s 18 amino acids and tightly woven/smooth fibers hold moisture, leaving your skin hydrated & keeps nighttime moisturizers on face (will not end up on pillow).
HYPOALLERGENIC: Pure silk keeps skin from bacteria and allergens like dust mites that cause irritation and breakouts.
ANTI BEDHEAD: Pure silk allows hair to glide rather than tug and damage hair. Extends blow outs and hair styles.
ANTI SLEEP WRINKLES: Pure Silk’s gentle fiber’s keep skin smooth on pillowcase and protects delicate areas around face. Silk is a natural Temperature regulator, sleep cool!
IS SILKEN PURE WASHABLE?
Our silk is machine washable because of the high quality, but it is a natural fiber, so the better the care, the longer it will wear. :)
We recommend the following:
- pH neutral liquid detergent safe for silk - if it is washed in a solution that is too acidic or alkaline the silk can harden after just one wash. If you can not find pH neutral on the label, buy a detergent specific for silk.
- Machine wash delicate 30C (86F) - cold setting- temperature is important.
- Hand wash 30 C (86F)
- Do not soak the silk in water for extended periods.
- Dry Clean
- No trichlorethylene
- Iron low heat
- Steam or air dry
- Do not Bleach
- Do not tumble dry (Do not put in dryer).
DO WE USE NON-TOXIC DYES?
We are working closely with our supplier and they are able to produce the very strict Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Level. Only the highest quality materials are used, and all non-toxic.
We are proud to collaborate with one of the longest and largest running silk suppliers in the world. Fair workplace practices are strictly enforced.
Customer satisfaction is at the core of Silken Pure. We offer a 30 day money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact our customer care center for instructions on a full refund of your initial order.